Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

What I'm Currently Reading... And What's Coming Up

So, I thought I'd write a quick post about my current and upcoming reads as I haven't been able to read as much as I'd like to recently, as I've had so little time due to illness and deadlines for my own writing, and so it feels like it's taking me FOREVER to read a single book! But, the good side of this is that it draws out these books and they're amazing books--so they last a little longer.  And I really want to talk about them!

Current Reads:


  • Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany Jackson, YA Contemporary
This is a book that's been on my radar for ages and I've been waiting so long for it to release in the UK. Well, my pre-order finally arrived about five days ago and I've been reading it in snatched moments here and there. Currently on page 95!
  • Celestial by S.E. Anderson, NA Science Fiction (ARC from Author) 
S.E. Anderson is one of my author friends and critique partners. I'm delighted to get a chance to read her fourth novel early! 

  • Whisper by Lynette Noni, YA Dystopian (ARC from NetGalley)
So I'm just over halfway with this book and I feel like I've been reading it forever. I've found the first eight or so chapters to be a little slow in terms of pacing, but now things are really picking up and it's fast becoming a near-favourite for YA dystopian. 

  • Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (YA Fantasy) 
I'm just over halfway with this book too, and I love it so much. I've been reading a couple of pages every day for this one--for quite a long time--as it's one of those really special books that I just want to savour and really process. The writing's so beautiful. 


Upcoming Reads:

So two of my upcoming reads at the moment are books I ordered after UKYAChat on Twitter a few weeks ago. The theme was YA books that talk about traditionally 'tough' issues, and I asked for recs on books where characters having eating disorders. One of them--Karen Gregory's Countless--I read and reviewed last week, but I've still got lots I'm looking forward to:


  • Paperweight by Meg Haston (YA Contemporary)
  • What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard (YA Contemporary)
And I'm still waiting for Winter Girls by Laurie Halse Anderson to arrive. 

Other books in my to-read pile include: 
  • Miss Planet Earth by S.E. Anderson (NA Science Fiction) -- signed copy!
  • The Extinction Trials by S.M. Wilson (YA Science Fiction)
  • The Last Man by Mary Shelley (Adult Apocalyptic) --  this is a re-read as I read this book first for part of my degree a few years ago

What about you? Have you read any of these books? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: MOTHERTHING by Ainslie Hogarth

  Motherthing by Ainslie Hogarth My rating: 5 of 5 stars A darkly funny domestic horror novel about a woman who must take drastic measure...