Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

Review: REACTIVE by Becky Moynihan

ReactiveReactive by Becky Moynihan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book by Becky Moynihan that I’ve read, and I was not disappointed. This is largely a fast-paced read that had me turning the pages faster than I could read them.

The worldbuilding of this book is something that’s especially well done. I recently read Whisper by Lynette Noni, and the opening of Reactive particularly struck me as similar. But whereas, for me, Whisper lost its pace and tension in the next chapters (and ultimately became a book I did not finish), Reactive was the complete opposite. This is the story I was looking for.

Lune is a great protagonist. Her voice and personality shone through the writing. As a character, she felt authentic. She was strong-minded, yet hesitant at times, and I really liked this as it made her human and really relatable. And we definitely discover more about her as she faces the trials, which was something I really liked.

There were a couple chapters that had slight pacing issues, but this doesn’t really detract from my overall feelings on the book. This is a solid dystopian.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a free review copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: MOTHERTHING by Ainslie Hogarth

  Motherthing by Ainslie Hogarth My rating: 5 of 5 stars A darkly funny domestic horror novel about a woman who must take drastic measure...